The Cedar Hill Genealogy Society (CHGS) meets at the Zula B Wylie Library in Cedar Hill on the second Thursday of the month. We begin at 6:30 with a meet and greet social time and light refreshments. We officially begin at 7 p.m. It starts with a brief business meeting after which we have a program on a family history research subject. The meeting lasts about an hour. We never charge for admission.
Society Board meetings are on the 4th Thursday of the month at 2:00 PM in the Library.
Board of Directors
- Geri Klauck, President
- Carol Hanson, Vice President
- Wesley Quandt, Secretary
- Pat Miller, Treasurer
- Dave Klauck, Immediate Past-President
- Pat Miller – membership
- Richard Coffee – hospitality
- Karen Aruda – hospitality
- Dave Klauck – publicity
- Geri Klauck – research assistance
- Dave Klauck – webmaster
The Cedar Hill Genealogy Society’s mission is to provide education and training in genealogical research.
You can request personal assistance with a CHGS volunteer at the library, by contacting us by email at CHGenealogicalSociety2012@gmail.com. Please direct membership matters to CHGSmembership@gmail.com.
Have a Member Research Locally for You
A volunteer from the Cedar Hill Genealogical Society will research local records for you. Click on the CONTACT US at the top of this page and fill out the contact form with as much information as you can. A volunteer will contact you for more information and agreement on research time limits.
Here’s Our Research Fee Schedule:
Requests from Individuals:
- Simple search and reference request
- Flat Rate: $10.00 minimum for up to one hour of research
- Includes copying, scanning, emailing postage and handling
- Requests requiring more than an hour are considered formal research queries and are subject to hourly rates:
- $10.00 for Cedar Hill Residents
- $15.00 for non-Cedar Hill residents
Requests from Government Entities and other Organizations:
- Flat Fee: $50.00 for up to 2 hours of research
- Additional fees may be required for work over 2 hours
Charges apply to the actual search time regardless of whether or not information is located. All fees are donated to the Cedar Hill Genealogical Society.